Cybersecurity & Online Safety Reminders from our Trust & Safety Team
- Use a password manager like Dashlane, keep your passwords safe & strong
- Use a different password for each of your social media accounts
- Be careful about what you share on social media. Don’t reveal sensitive personal information such as a home address, financial information, phone number, where you live, who your relatives are, what locations you’ve been at
- Use an anti-virus and malware scanner, yes even if you are on Mac!
- Use 2-Factor-Authentication whenever possible for your logins
- Password protect all your electronic devices including your phone, laptop, and any internet-connected power tools
- Don't click unrecognizable links. In the chat, users may share URLs that link to inappropriate or phishing websites. Report the users posting such URLs and make sure not to click on them
- Remember to log off on public devices when you’re done
- Read through partner safety guidelines and stay informed
Reminder: YouNow or YouNow staff will never contact you asking for your password, login credentials on YouNow, or your bank information.