The following are a list of rules & guidelines, which, if violated, may result in a suspension or permanent ban from YouNow.
1. No violence and/or self harm
Safety is YouNow's top priority, and we take threats of violence and self-harm very seriously. We may remove content that breaches these terms and may also report such content to law enforcement if we perceive a genuine risk of physical harm or a direct threat to public safety. Similarly, we prohibit threats and any threat or attempt to threaten other persons may result in a permanent ban.
2. Absolutely no nudity or sexually explicit behavior
It is YouNow's policy that both male and female users under the age of 18 must be fully clothed on camera at all times. Any user under the age of 18 without a shirt may be subject to a suspension or permanent ban.
Broadcasters are forbidden from exposing any skin beneath their clothes. Encouraging nudity in any capacity is also prohibited on YouNow and may be subject to a suspension or permanent ban. Female broadcasters must have their breasts fully covered at all times. Those who violate this rule may be subject to suspension or permanent ban.
Users are not allowed to:
- Use vulgar, profane, offensive or sexually explicit language on camera, or in the chat.
- Display offensive or sexually explicit pictures or images of themselves or any person on camera.
- Perform sexual or sexually suggestive acts, show sex toys on screen or dance in a sexually suggestive manner.
3. No bullying, harassment, or hate speech
Users must treat all other community members with respect. YouNow does not tolerate taunting, bullying, hate speech, racism, or otherwise harassing any other member of the community. Though we support the principles of free speech, we do not permit attacks on others based on their race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, gender, age, sexual orientation, disability or medical condition.
4. Illegal substance use is not permitted onscreen
On screen legal drug consumption, drug paraphernalia, smoking, and the consumption of alcohol by users under the age of 21 are prohibited. Any attempt to purchase, promote, abuse, sell, or trade prescription or illegal drugs are not allowed, and the consumption of all illegal drugs is prohibited. Users must comply with applicable laws according to where they reside and carefully consider their audiences with regards to the content they are producing.
5. No underage users
YouNow is intended for individuals ages 13+. If we become aware of an account that belongs to an individual under 13, the account will be subject to termination. Users who are older than 13 and have guests on camera who are younger than 13 are subject to having their broadcasts terminated.
6. No posting of private contact information
Giving out another individual's personal information, including but not limited to E-mail addresses, phone numbers, and home addresses is forbidden. We also strongly recommend that you keep your own personal information private.
7. No prank calls to emergency authorities or hotlines
YouNow does not permit prank calls to emergency authorities or emergency hotlines, and any user who in engages in such will be subject to a permanent ban.
8. No solicitation or encouragement of rule-breaking
- Any solicitation of a member to engage in a sexual or illegal act is forbidden. Similarly, any behavior intending to lure or manipulate another member into producing sexual images of him or herself, or asking him or her to provide personal information is forbidden.
- Engagement in illegal or inappropriate commercial activities or sales is also strictly forbidden. Such activities include, but are not limited to, pyramid schemes, Multi-level Marketing offers, and homegrown sweepstakes.
- It is forbidden to encouraging the breaking of any of the rules, herein, either in chat or while broadcasting.
9. No chat spam
Interrupting the flow of chat sessions with the use of repetitive typing or activity that makes it difficult for users to maintain a conversation is forbidden, as is the posting of links to pornographic or malicious sites.
10. No impersonating other members or having multiple accounts
Changing your chat name or creating an account in order to impersonate another member is forbidden. Claiming to be another person, creating a false presence for an organization, or creating multiple accounts undermines the community and violates YouNow's Terms of Service. Additionally, creating and using multiple profiles on YouNow is prohibited and all accounts made by a single user are subject to be permanently banned.
11. No copyright infringement