For web users:
Make sure that when you're gearing up to broadcast via the web, you click "ALLOW" on the top of your browser.
In order to broadcast, your camera/microphone cannot be in use with another program on your computer. Before broadcasting, make sure to close out of Skype, Google Hangouts, and any other apps that are running and may lock up your camera/microphone.
If you continue to have issues, refer to the following troubleshooting steps:
- Clear your browser from cache, cookies, etc., and restart your computer.
- Open YouNow and log in.
- Right click on the first broadcaster you see on your screen, and open Adobe Flash Player's settings.
- Go to the camera tab and select the camera you want the player to use. Do the same with the microphone tab and put the volume slider at about 75%.
- Close the settings. Click "Go Live" to begin broadcasting.
- On the camera/mic setup screen, wave in front of your camera so that our system can detect it, and make sure that your mic gain is turned up.
- If your webcam is not already selected as the desired camera, please choose it from the dropdown menu.
- Click "Go Live!"
For mobile users:
You may find that your mobile app crashes when you attempt to broadcast. The reason for this is that you must give your camera and/or microphone permission on your device before you go live. Please go to your mobile device's Settings --> YouNow --> Privacy, and make sure both camera and microphone are being allowed.